- Next week is the Sugar Land Wine and Food Affair! Expect more about this later, for I plan to be there. You can, too! Buy tickets to the various events here, including the bartender's challenge that features Hendrick's Gin.
- Houston's Reserve 101, a whiskey bar downtown, now has pop up cocktails! Yes, they Salted Caramel Bacon and Bourbon Creamsicle. Time to trek downtown!
- George's keep, a new San Antonio cocktail bar that's, well, difficult to find. I guess that's a trend now? I'm all for it.
- Use fresh Texas herbs to make your cocktails even brighter. It's really a plug for the Beaumont Farmer's Maket, sure, but the drink recipes are legitimate! Sage are rosemary are always great in cocktails!
- The price of limes has tripled? How are we going to make our Gimlets? I guess there's always Rose's Lime Juice.
- Dancing Marlin, a restaurant/bar in a Chicago suburb, has a drink called the Texas Ruby Cooler.
They can call it whatever they want, but putting Tito's Vodka doesn't
make a drink Texan. When you put some Texas ruby red grapefruit in
there, then we can talk. And grapefruit bitters don't count! Just
kidding, by the way. Well, sort of.
- Speaking of Texas Ruby Red, here's an article about how to use grapefruit in cocktails, and a little about Deep Eddy's new Ruby Red vodka, which I have been wanting to try. It has potential as a cocktail ingredient, to be sure.
- If you're interested in a charity event featuring cocktails and cupcakes to spread awareness of diseases, here's Cupcakes, Cocktails, and Couture.
- Non-Texas bonus: Hertford Regional College has a class on cocktails and bartending. Man, I went to the wrong school.