The Academy Awards are almost here, so we need to have an Oscars drinking game to go along with them. The Oscars have always been a fun way to hang out with friends and drink champagne, so why not have a fun drinking game to help make fun of all of those celebrities?
A drinking game is fun and easy, but keep in mind that it's not a way to get drunk. We don't advocate getting drunk. It's really just a game that involves paying attention and drinking whatever you're comfortable with. It can be beer, champagne, or whatever. And when it says "take a drink," do that. You don't have to do a whole shot or anything like that. Just take a drink.
Feel free to comment with more ideas, and I will add them to the drinking game list.
Take a drink whenever:
- Anyone goes on too long in their speech and they have to be cut off.
- Anyone trips on the stage.
- Tom Hanks is nominated for a category.
- Someone mentions gay marriage.
- Someone starts talking about a pet policy or political topic.
- Someone mentions the civil war in Syria.
- Someone mentions Afghanistan or Iraq.
- Anyone says, "I didn't prepare a speech" or something like it.
- A movie song is performed live and actually sounds good.
- Someone cries.
- Someone goes on about racism.
- A washed up celebrity actually wins.
- The host says something that is actually funny.
- A presenter messes up a joke.
- Someone jumps up and down or runs or jumps across the seats.
- Someone stays seated as if they didn't hear their name called.
- Someone asks, "What movie was he or she in?"
- Someone presents wearing a silly costume.
- It's obvious that one of the presenters is ignoring the script or cue cards or whatever.
- Someone mentions Philip Seymour Hoffman (one of the world's great actors, RIP)
Down your drink:
- When a streaker goes across the stage.
- When Tom Hanks wins again.
- Whenever someone grabs a presenter and kisses him or her.