So we tried four different Queen Elizabeths:
And I'm with the Queen here. Her favorite cocktail is the Dubonnet Cocktail, and I agree. Something about that Dubonnet flavor with the nose of lemon got to me. I will making those quite often, especially because Dubonnet is so cheap.
- The original Queen Elizabeth Cocktail from the Savoy book, with brandy, curacao, and sweet vermouth.
- The Mr. Boston version with gin, dry vermouth, and Benedictine.
- The Absolut version with gin, lemon juice, and triple sec.
- The other Savoy version with gin, lemon juice, triple sec, and a dash of absinthe
- The Dubonnet Cocktail with gin and Dubonnet and twist of lemon.
In second place is the second Savoy version with the addition of the absinthe. Again, an interesting combination that works.
If you try them all, let me know what you think.